In a world that is becoming highly competitive, globalized and sophisticated, it is imperative for countries to have leaders and public sector managers who can not only measure up to the current challenges but also anticipate and prepare for future ones. A leader must have a vision that is common and collective, far-reaching yet contemporary, reflecting the aspirations of every single citizen and the nation as a whole. This, in essence, brought about the establishment of The Chartered Institute of Leadership and Governance (CILG).
The Chartered Institute of Leadership and Governance is a professional body established under the law of the State of New Mexico, United States of America, to build and implement Leadership and Governance skills in the administration of duties.
CILG is an approach to prepare and equip individuals with ideas and innovations geared towards the proper and effective handling of societal values and problems through the teaching of administrative skills and leadership cues.
The Institute has capabilities in bringing about educational and professional development in leadership and governance skills through programmes that are aimed at preparing and providing leaders with adequate and effective skills to provide solution to everyday Leadership and Governance problems.
The Diploma in Leadership and Governance is designed to develop public affairs professionals who understand the increasingly complex issues shaping local and national policies, and who have the analytical and managerial skills to apply their knowledge to real world situations.
• To prepare students as future leaders by equipping them with requisite knowledge and skills designed to enhance responsible leadership and governance.
• To gain access to frameworks and knowledge designed to assist in unpacking complex governance and leadership problems
• Explore emerging global issues that affect governance and leadership
• Understand the challenges of democratic processes in Africa
• Gain greater understanding of the dynamic interplay between International, national, state and local governments
• To be able to apply concept of governance and leadership in the different areas of society
The Executive Diploma in Leadership and Governance has been designed to develop professionals in the private and public sector, who understand the increasingly complex issues shaping policies and projects at the local and national level, and who have the necessary analytical and managerial skills to apply their knowledge to real-world situations. The Executive Diploma in Leadership and Governance program equips students with the skills, perspectives and understanding needed to function effectively in solving problems and tackling challenges within the wider private and public sector.